Welcome to SHS-2024
With the arrival of autumn in sunny Armenia, we are pleased to invite you to the XVI International Symposium on “Self-propagating High-Temperature Synthesis” (SHS) to be held on September 9-13, 2024 in Yerevan, Armenia.
The Self-propagating High-Temperature Synthesis conference serves as a pivotal platform for experts, researchers, and enthusiasts from around the world to converge and delve into the latest advancements, breakthroughs, and challenges in this dynamic field. SHS, with its unique ability to rapidly produce materials with exceptional properties, has become a cornerstone in diverse applications ranging from advanced ceramics to energetic materials.
The conference has a purpose to embark on a journey of exploration and collaboration in the fascinating realm of materials science and synthesis techniques. This conference not only aims to highlight the current state of SHS research but also seeks to spark new collaborations and inspire innovative ideas. The synergy created by bringing together minds from academia, industry, and research institutions is bound to catalyze advancements that will shape the future of Self-propagating High-Temperature Synthesis.
- Combustion theory and modeling
- Kinetics and mechanisms of chemical and structure transformations
- Solution combustion synthesis
- Mechanically activated SHS systems
- SHS in thin films
- Consolidation, hybrid and additive technologies: SHS + (SPS, HIP, HP, SLS, shock-assisted etc.)
- Functional SHS-materials: bio, catalytic, energetic, magnetic, electronics, optics, etc
- Explosive production of new materials
- Refractory and ultra-high-temperature materials
- SHS in metallurgy, welding, soldering
- SHS in surface engineering
- High entropy materials
- Application and industrialization.
Symposium Photo Gallery
Explore the captivating moments and vibrant discussions captured in our Symposium Photo Gallery
The Symposium will be held in National Academy of Sciences of Armenia, located in Yerevan, Armenia. Please see more information click here.
24 Marshal Baghramyan Ave, Yerevan 0019