The Technology Transfer Office (TTO) is established at the Institute for Physical Research of National Academy of Sciences of Armenia (hereafter referred as the Institute) with an overall aim to promote applied developments, innovation and market-oriented activities at the Institute, in coherence with the State approach to research in Armenia and best worldwide practice, which will strengthen sustainability of the Institute and open new sources of revenue. The English version of the regulations of TTO is available here.
List of proposals
1. A method of preparation of metal-carbon nanocomposites.
2. A method of copper phthalocyanine pigments preparation.
3. Method of periodically polarized lithium niobate crystals or lithium tantalate.
4. Infrasound sensors.
5. Optical screening device for medical diagnostics.
6. Apparatus for growing single crystals by the Czochralski method.
7. Production of large area thin films on substrates up to 150 mm in diameter by the pulsed laser deposition method.
8. Laser deposition of thin films on substrates whose sizes are limited by only the deposition chamber dimensions.
9. Deposition of thickness-homogeneous thin films on a translationally moving substrate/ribbon.
First Practical Steps
Two proposals have been chosen within FP7 SECURE R2I project to support the technology transfer process based on coaching and advisory activities.
One of them is "Optical screening device for medical diagnostics" dedicated to medical imaging, screening and tomography for diagnostics and treatment of large variety of illnesses.
The other one is "Production of large area thin films on substrates up to 150 mm in diameter by the pulsed laser deposition method". Three new relatively simple methods of laser deposition of large area thin films are proposed.